Speaker Resource Center
- Get the official PowerPoint template
- Promote your appearance and give out discount codes
- Speaker guidelines
- Contact the Speaker Coordinator
Get the Official Emerald Conference PowerPoint Template
Promote You’re Speaking + Special Promo Code for Colleagues/Friends
Congratulations – as an official Emerald Conference speaker, please help us spread the word you are speaking by using our ‘Speaker Promo Toolkit’. Simply download the assets you need for promotion on your website, email, newsletter, social media and promote your special 10% off promo code,
- Get Your Promotion Code for Colleagues/Friends: All speakers can invite colleagues/friends to attend at a 10% discount off current rates with Promo Code: SPKEMC2210
- Download “I’m speaking at the Emerald Conference” graphics for your website, emails, newsletters, or social posts.
- Social media posts (Use graphics 1080×1080 (For Instagram) or 1200×628 (For Facebook, Linked In, and Twitter)
- Event Hashtag #EmeraldConference
- Website URL: https://bit.ly/3qslBVb
- We’ve put together some quick samples to use for your social media posts. Feel free to use them and elaborate, but the basics are in this to get you started.
- Join me at leading cannabis science event #EmeraldConference this February 27 – March 1 in San Diego. I’ll be speaking on <insert seminar title> on <insert day/time>. Register today at https://bit.ly/3qslBVb + Save 10% off with promo code: SPKEMC2210
- I’m speaking at #EmeraldConference this February 27 – March 1 in San Diego. I can’t wait to be in the room with the greatest minds in cannabis science. Will you join me? Register today at https://bit.ly/3qslBVb + Save 10% off with promo code: SPKEMC2210
Here are a few tips to help make the most of your speaking engagement while onsite in San Diego:
We recommend business/business casual attire while onstage for your session. This is a professional conference – most attendees will be in business/business casual throughout the conference.
Presentation Guidelines & Deadlines
For solo presentations with a PowerPoint:
All speakers must agree to meet universal guidelines, including:
- Using our standard PowerPoint template, using minimum font sizes, and image criteria
- Meeting pre-defined deadlines for slide decks
- Working closely with Emerald Scientific Committee to refine content in the draft stage
- Working with us on any requested edits after slides are submitted for review
Deadlines to remember:
- First draft of presentation due Friday, January 28, 2022
- Final draft of presentation due Thursday, February 17, 2022
We work closely with speakers on their content, and often we will edit their PowerPoints and go back with questions and changes.
Each speaker that is selected for an oral presentation during The Emerald Conference receives a complimentary full conference pass for the main conference days (Feb. 28- March 1). Our team will register you and send a confirmation email once the registration is completed so no need to register yourself. If you have already paid for your registration, please let us know so we can switch the registration over and process a refund for what was paid.
Speakers do not receive any additional complimentary passes or discounts on top on what is provided above.
Information for When You Are Onsite:
Check-in & Badge pickup: Check-in at the registration desk when you arrive at the Loews Coronado Bay to pick up your badge. There will be a dedicated registration/badge pickup station in the Commodore Foyer. Please leave yourself plenty of time to arrive well in advance of your speaking time.
- Please keep your cell phone handy during these windows. If you have not checked in at registration within the timeframe above on time (30 minutes prior to your session), our staff will call or text you on your cell phone to locate you.
- You do not need to bring a copy of your PowerPoint (if you’re using one). We will have it pre-loaded into the master show deck ready to go with a clicker for slide advancement.
- No last-minute changes will be accepted. Due to the size of the conference, all slides were given to the AV team in advance to string together the show and incorporate all aspects of content including your slides.