Speaker Resource Center
- Promote your appearance and give out discount codes
- Speaker guidelines
- Contact the Speaker Coordinator
Promote You’re Speaking + Special Promo Code for Colleagues/Friends
Congratulations – as an official Emerald Conference speaker, please help us spread the word you are speaking by using our ‘Speaker Promo Toolkit’.
- Get Your Promotion Code for Colleagues/Friends: All speakers can invite colleagues/friends to attend at a 10% discount off current rates with Promo Code: SKEM2310
- For 2023, the Emerald Conference is partnering with Gleanin to make sharing that you are speaking, as quick and effortless as possible. Your Gleanin dashboard links will be sent to you by firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Gleanin, you will be able to:
- Pick and choose which images you want to share
- Pick which social platforms you want to share on. (See the full list of platforms below)
- Use our pre-loaded social share messages for each platform or change up the messages to match your tone/style.
Here are a few tips to help make the most of your speaking engagement while onsite in San Diego:
We recommend business/business casual attire while onstage for your session. This is a professional conference – most attendees will be in business/business casual throughout the conference.
Presentation Guidelines & Deadlines
For solo presentations with a PowerPoint:
All speakers must agree to meet universal guidelines, including:
- Using our standard PowerPoint template, using minimum font sizes, and image criteria
- Meeting pre-defined deadlines for slide decks
- Working closely with Emerald Scientific Committee to refine content in the draft stage
- Working with us on any requested edits after slides are submitted for review
Deadlines to remember:
- First draft of presentation due Thursday, January 26, 2023
- Final draft of presentation due Thursday, February 16, 2023
We work closely with speakers on their content, and often we will edit their PowerPoints and go back with questions and changes.
Each speaker that is selected for an oral presentation during The Emerald Conference receives a complimentary full conference pass for the main conference days (March 1-3). Our team will register you and send a confirmation email once the registration is completed so no need to register yourself. If you have already paid for your registration, please let us know so we can switch the registration over and process a refund for what was paid.
Speakers do not receive any additional complimentary passes or discounts on top on what is provided above.
Information for When You Are Onsite:
Check-in & Badge pickup: Check-in at the registration desk when you arrive at the Loews Coronado Bay to pick up your badge. There will be a dedicated registration/badge pickup station in the Commodore Foyer. Please leave yourself plenty of time to arrive well in advance of your speaking time.
- Please keep your cell phone handy during these windows. If you have not checked in at registration within the timeframe above on time (30 minutes prior to your session), our staff will call or text you on your cell phone to locate you.
- You do not need to bring a copy of your PowerPoint (if you’re using one). We will have it pre-loaded into the master show deck ready to go with a clicker for slide advancement.
- No last-minute changes will be accepted. Due to the size of the conference, all slides were given to the AV team in advance to string together the show and incorporate all aspects of content including your slides.