Show Terms and Conditions
Last updated: May 16, 2022
Show Management – MJBiz, a division of Emerald X, LLC, located at 3900 S. Wadsworth Blvd., Suite 100, Lakewood, CO 80235.
Show – Any event produced and/or managed by MJBiz including but not limited to MJBizCon, MJBizConNEXT, MJBizConINTL, the European Cannabis Symposium, the Latin American Cannabis Symposium, the Emerald Conference and all MJBiz digital events.
Show Attendee – Any individual attending the Show, in any capacity, including but not limited to in person and virtually/digitally.
Show Credentials – Badge or digital login information provided to Show Attendee permitting access to the Show.
Show Attendee hereby understands, acknowledges, and accepts the Terms and Conditions set forth herein. Show Attendee further understands, acknowledges, and accepts that violation of any of these terms may result in immediate removal from the Show without the possibility of re-entry or refund.
- By registering for and participating in the Show, you hereby warrant and represent that you are age 18 or above and freely waive, release from liability, assume all risks, and covenant not to sue Show Management, its affiliates, employees, board members, agents, vendors, contractors, or volunteers for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, including but not limited to COVID-19, disability, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind that you may hereafter suffer or sustain before, during, or after the Show. This Liability Waiver and Release is specifically binding upon your heirs and assigns and is knowingly given.
- Show Management reserves the right to accept, reject or prohibit registration for or attendance at the Show at any time for any reason.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to attend the Show. In accordance with local laws, no one under the age of 19 is permitted to attend MJBizConINTL.
- ATTENTION: Exhibitors and Sponsors at the Show may utilize badge scanning to follow up with Show Attendees after the show. Please be aware that by permitting an exhibitor/sponsor to scan your badge, your contact information including address, email, phone & fax will be shared with the exhibitor/sponsor, and the Show will no longer be in control of how your information is used. Questions or concerns? Email MJBiz@maritz.com
- Solicitation, demonstration, or distribution of promotional materials, products, and services is prohibited unless Show Attendees has executed an exhibitor contract with Show Management.
- State and local laws regarding medical and adult-use/recreational cannabis notwithstanding, Show Attendee understands that use, possession, and/or distribution of products containing any amount of THC, including but not limited to flower, edibles, concentrates, beverages, topicals, and vaporizers, as well as all Delta-8 and Delta-9 products, are strictly prohibited at the Show due to local and venue regulations. These regulations also include use, possession, and/or distribution of psychedelics and/or products containing psilocybin.
- Smoking and vaping of tobacco products is only allowed in designated areas.
- Firearms, weapons, weapon replicas, ammunition, and other dangerous or hazardous devices or substances are prohibited at the Show.
- Rolling bags of any size are prohibited in the Exhibit Hall(s). Exhibitors will be permitted to enter with rolling bags during move-in and move-out hours ONLY and may be subject to visual search. Attendees are strongly encouraged to leave luggage at the hotel; however, Bag Check will be available at the Show.
- Show Management is committed to a policy of non-discrimination at the Show and does not tolerate conduct that harasses, threatens, intimidates, or coerces another participant at the Show, including actions based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, sexual orientation, or military status.
- Show Management strongly recommends business or business casual attire. Revealing or unkempt attire that would be deemed inappropriate in a standard professional office environment is prohibited.
- A Show Attendee may transfer their registration to another individual by contacting customer service. A transfer fee of USD$25 will apply to transfers made up to fourteen (14) days before the official first day of the Show. Transfers made within fourteen (14) days are subject to a USD$100 transfer fee.
- A Show Attendee may cancel their registration up to thirty (30) days before the official first day of the Show and receive a refund less a USD$25 processing fee.
- Within thirty (30) days of the official first day of the Show, refunds will be granted only in the event of government travel restrictions/mandates due to epidemic or disease outbreak, documented bereavement, military, or medical leave. A USD$25 processing fee will apply.
- For digital/virtual programs, once the digital event platform has been accessed, the Show Attendee is no longer eligible for a refund.
- Show Attendee must appear in person and present a valid government-issued photo ID that matches the name used to register for the Show to receive their Show Credentials.
- Show Credentials may require a photo of the Show Attendee. Photos may be uploaded in advance upon registering or will be taken onsite before Show Credentials are issued.
- Show Credentials must always be displayed on Show Attendee’s front torso.
- Show Attendee is prohibited from passing show credentials to another individual for use to access any part of the Show. Violation of this policy will result in confiscation and deactivation of Show Attendee’s show credential and removal from the Show without refund.
- Show Management reserves the right to require Show Attendee to present photo ID matching their Show Credential at any time.
- Replacement Show Credentials are available for individuals who have not been removed for violating the Show’s Terms and Conditions as described herein. A service charge of USD$100 will apply. Show Attendee must present photo ID matching the original registration information. Show Management will deactivate the original Show Credential. Show Attendee assumes the risk of missing Show activities while Show Management reprints the replacement Show Credential.
- Show Management may capture Show Attendee’s image on video or in photos. Show Management shall have the right in perpetuity to use Show Attendee’s name, image, and likeness in connection with the Show. Show Management is permitted, although not obligated, to include Badge/Personal Login Recipient’s name as a credit in connection with the image.
- Show Attendee hereby grants Show Management and Show Management’s assigns, licensees, and successors the right to use candid group photos or videos without securing additional permission.
- Show Attendee releases Show Management and Show Management’s assigns, licensees, and successors from any claims that may arise regarding the use of my image, including any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, or infringement of moral rights, rights of publicity, or copyright.
- Photography and videography during any speaker session is prohibited unless the photographer or videographer is a member of the media and has the appropriate Show Credentials. Digitally copying, downloading, re-producing, or recording any Show content, including any speaker session, is prohibited.
Health & Safety
- Attendee expressly agrees to fully comply with applicable CDC, state and local health official guidelines relating to COVID-19 and all current health and safety measures and protocols required by Show Management and the venue for attendance at the Show. If needed, Show Management will have limited face masks available for those attendees who do not bring their own masks to the event.
- Show Management reserves the right to remove any attendee from the event for failure to adhere to the required COVID-19 health and safety measures and other protocols for attendance at the event.
Digital Event Code of Conduct
- Show Attendees will maintain a safe digital event environment by being respectful to all Show Attendees.
- Discriminatory, offensive, threatening, or harassing behavior or language is strictly prohibited. Offensive and/or threatening comments regarding race, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, and disability will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal.
- Any non-sponsor or non-exhibitor related sales pitches, “suit-casing” or related activity within the online platform is prohibited. Any unapproved sales communication is subject to removal.
- Any improper remarks, advancements and/or stalking of fellow Show Attendees is prohibited.
- Nudity is prohibited.
- Show Management reserves the right to remove any communication from the platform that is deemed offensive, threatening, or in violation of conference policies.
- Any Show Attendee who violates this Digital Event Code of Conduct will immediately have their access revoked without possibility of a refund.
- If you witness or are the subject of harassment or inappropriate behavior, please contact Customer Service at Customerservice@mjbiz.com