Public Health and Safety
COVID-19 Public Health and Safety *update 1/21/2022
Public Health and Safety
We look forward to gathering in San Diego for The Emerald Conference – safely. As the world continues to make positive strides to end COVID -19, we at MJBiz want to do our part by continuing to aid in the reduction of the spread. The health and safety of everyone is crucial and extremely important. We are tracking the ever-evolving news around the new variant. We will continue to adjust our health protocols as necessary. We have worked closely with the Loews Coronado Bay Resort, local and state officials, and our venue partners to ensure a safe environment for the show.
Here is the latest on what you can expect at The Emerald Conference this year:
- Verification of fully vaccinated status or pre-entry negative test will be required of all attendees. Effective January 15, 2022, the State of California has mandated that indoor events with greater than 500 attendees be classified as mega events and that vaccine verification/negative testing be required for all indoor mega events. The MJBiz team will all be vaccinated, and we strongly encourage all attendees to be vaccinated as well.
- Masks will be required – and enforced. Effective December 13, 2021, the State of California has mandated that everyone, including fully vaccinated individuals, wear a mask in public indoor settings.
- We have extended spacing for exhibits in the Pavilion to allow for 10’ aisles throughout so you can comfortably spread out. Other areas will be planned for 6’ physical distancing.
- The Loews Coronado Bay Resort has been awarded the WELL Health-Safety Rating for Facility Operation and Management through the International WELL Building Institute, the global authority on healthy buildings.This accreditation means the building is focusing on operational policies, maintenance protocols, and emergency plans. This includes:
- Improved cleaning practices and reduced surface contact
- Developing emergency preparedness plans and plans for healthy re-entry
- Providing employees with mental health recovery and promoting a smoke-free environment
- Assessing ventilation and air treatment systems and monitoring air and water qualityOf course, the COVID-19 situation is evolving, and so are both
Of course, the COVID-19 situation is continuously changing, and so are both Loews Hotel Safety & Well-being Protocols and CDC recommendations. This means our policies may shift before The Emerald Conference goes live. We will notify you quickly and post information on our show website if that should happen. The health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, partners, and staff are our #1 priority.
Our team recognizes and understands the travel restrictions and protocols currently in place. We are eager to see everyone in person again, but we encourage travel only when it is safe and border restrictions are lifted.
As we get closer to The Emerald Conference 2022, we will provide updates. Check back to this page for any new information or updates. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to our Customer Experience team at (720) 213-5992 x1, or email [email protected] with any questions you might have. We look forward to seeing you in San Diego!